Vegan Date-Pecan-Oat Spiced Scones2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup pitted dates (chopped)
1/2 cup chopped raw pecans
1/4 cup & 1/4 cup agave syrup mixed
1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
3. Combine flour, oats, baking soda, spices and salt, and mix.
4. Add dates and nuts to the dry mix.
5. Add water/agave mixture and combine.
6. Add almond milk, oil, agave, and vanilla and combine into a doughy consistency.
7. Each scone should be about 1/3 cup of wet dough, place about 6-7 on the baking sheet, spaced evenly (at least 2 inches apart!).
8. Place on middle baking rack for 12-14 minutes.