Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Tofu "Aioli" Dip

There are three things I cannot eat.
No it's not a food allergy.
It's because there's just something about them that makes me cringe....

1. Pineapples 
I don't know why, but the smell makes me gag! Whenever there's a pineapple near me, I need to get away, whenever there's a pineapple in my food, or near it, I can't touch it or put it anywhere near my mouth. Pineapples just absolutely disgust me.

and #2....

MAYONAISE!!

Totally disgusting me. Almost as bad as the pineapples.... But it doesn't have a putrid acidic smell that pierces my soul, thoughts, and dreams so it's up there, but not first on the list.
I just really can't handle any "gloobery" kinds of food with eggs in it. Eggs benedict, sunny side up, you name it, can't do it. I can only handle scrambled eggs, super WELL DONE!

SO, on with my point here, I found this great tofu aioli sauce to use instead of mayo. It's vegan and it tastes amazing!

1 block of silken or firm tofu (doesn't matter)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 paprika

Blend olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and garlic together in food processor until garlic is minced. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until it is a thick sauce consistency.


The picture above is the same recipe, but I added fresh mint and beets. (Random, I know, but delicious!)

Feel free to add anything you want to it. Fresh herbs, more spices, vegetables, etc.


And dip anything you want into it! (I was using home made rice crackers and sugar snap peas.) It is also great on sandwiches, or you can add some more vinegar and olive oil to create a creamy vegan dressing :-)

If you're like me, and anti mayonnaise, you will definitely have to try this out. It is an amazing swap!
As for the pineapples... those will just have to be left alone. Totally not swap-able.

Do you have any foods/sauces you cringe just thinking about?

No comments:

Post a Comment