Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Acai BOWLLLZZzzzZ

Acai bowls are a great for breakfast, lunch or DINNER!!
I think I love them a little bit too much... So to save me some money, I started making them myself, which is actually a lot easier than you think! 
It's a just a matter of having the ingredients :)
I like to make a SUPER version of the regular acai bowl, by adding cacao/greens/hemp/chia/spirulina/whey protein/whatever I have.


1 Unsweetened acai packet (Sambazon brand is good)
half of a frozen banana
2-3 frozen strawberries
unsweetened almond/soy/hemp/coconut milk (anything but dairy)
1 Tbsp cacao
1 1/2 Tbsp hemp seeds
1 Kale leaf
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 Tbsp spirulina
pinch of cinnamon
1 Tbsp bee pollen
1/4 c granola (any kind)
fresh fruit to top it with
agave/honey to taste

Blend frozen fruit, kale, cacao, hemp, chia, spirulina, cinnamon, and nondairy milk into a thick consistency. Next, add half of your 1/4 cup granola to the bottom of a bowl, pour smoothie into the bowl, add the rest of the granola, bee pollen, fresh fruit and honey/agave, and you've got yourself an acai bowl!
Sometimes, I find that blending the kale and the super foods (hemp, cacao, etc.) before adding the frozen fruit works best.

You can also get creative with whatever you can find to put into it, such a wheat germ, chlorella, maca powder, coconut flakes, etc.

It's just so much better/satisfying/CHEAPER to make it yourself, than buying it from a smoothie shop. You can also add as much granola as you like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment