Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Farmers Market Haul + Easy Mushroom Balsamic Sautee

So after working 6 days this week, I decided to make the most of my day and wake up early for a pilates class. Once this was accomplished, I realized I still had some time to head to the farmers market!

I bought some fresh poi, local/organic cremini mushrooms, kale and beets!

So as soon as I got hungry, I was extra excited to use my new ingredients... ESPECIALLY the mushrooms <3



First I chopped up the mushrooms vertically, heated up some olive oil and let them sit in the scaulding oil a bit to sweat. I added a good amount of balsamic, chopped garlic, salt, pepper and a small drizzle of agave.


Can you see the big chunks of garlic? ;)

Once the balsamic vinegar was reduced to a think sauce, I added a bunch of dried rosemary and sauteed until the reduction was fully absorbed by the mushrooms.


Then I threw it on top of a bed of the kale and chopped/skinned beets (that were boiled during all this mushroom madness).


a tri-fecta!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment