Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

I'm Back!

My apologies for being absent so long... This semester has been kicking my ass!
I decided to take a break and pick up posting on the blog again... I missed it :)

So tonight I took this recipe from The Vegan Stoner, which is the cutest recipe blog I have ever bumped into! They make really simple, cheap, and easy vegan recipes, but they display all of the information in such a cute way, with hand-drawn pictures!

It's called Falafel Pie. Falafel? Pie? In one? Yes!


So, I just bought some falafel mix from the bulk section at my local health food store. Mixed 1 cup of falafel mix with 1/2 cup of H2O, and pack it down in a pan after oiling it down with some olive oil. Once that's done, bake for 12 minutes at 350.
Next, I chopped up some fresh herbs from my garden (Dill and Italian parsley). 


While that was baking, I chopped up cucumber, kalamata olives, and cherry tomatoes.
I also blended up the yogurt dressing.

After the 12 minutes, I took it out, drizzled some olive oil because it was lookin like it needed some love, sprinkled the feta cheese and drizzled some tahini on it and put it back in for 6 minutes.

Once the 6 minutes were done, I put the cucumber, tomatoes, olives and the yogurt dressing on top. Feel free to garnish with more feta/tahini/herbs/pepper/etc.

Taaadaa!


Falafel Pie
1 cup falafel mix
1/2 water
olive oil
cucumbers
tomatoes (doesn't have to be cherry tomatoes, that's all I had)
kalamata olives
~1/4 cup feta cheese
2 table spoons tahini
pepper to taste

Yogurt-Herb Dressing
3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt (Greek or regular, just depends on how thick you want it)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon
1/4 cup fresh dill
1/4 cup fresh parsley (Italian or regular)
1 small clove of garlic
salt & pepper to taste


A wonderful marriage of hot and cold.





No comments:

Post a Comment