Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

There's something about breakfast....


that gets my wheels turnin!
It's when I get most creative. Smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, omelets, granolas, energy bars, fresh juice... This list goes on.
Lately, I've been going crazy with smoothies. It's summer time and there's nothing better than a refreshing breakfast, especially an easy refreshing liquid breakfast.
The good thing about smoothies is that you can put literally ANYTHING in them! Whatever you got, blend it up and see if the combination works. That's how easy it is.

Today I made a pumpkin-almond-banana-spice smoothie. Yep, that's right, you don't have to just stick to frozen berries! I usually throw in a handful of greens, but I had to hold myself back on this one.


1 frozen banana
1 1/2 tbsp of pumpkin almond butter (I will post this recipe later!)
1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tsp cinnamon
Almond milk (as much as you need, depending on your blender)

Blend together! It's just that easy :-)


It's like pumpkin pie in a cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment